Lately, I haven’t been buying any new games because I’m really trying to save money to buy a house right now. Because I’m going to be missing out on a lot of the new games coming out this month (Destiny, Sims 4, Diablo 3 for consoles), I’ve decided to really try to conquer my massive backlog. I’ve amassed this backlog for about 2 years now, which would be about the time I got my first gaming PC. I’ve made it through about eight Steam Sales since then, buying almost everything I either didn’t already have or pretty much anything under $20. On top of that, being an Xbox Live and Playstation Plus member, I’ve collected quite a few free games to play. Also, before I started getting stingy with my money, I was buying a lot of Playstation 3 games during all the Playstation Store sales.
Here is the list of the first 10 games I want to complete. I figure if I break it down into smaller portions, it will be a little less overwhelming.
1. BioShock 1 (Xbox 360) – I’ve definitely played the heck out of it, but never beat it.
2. Fallout 3 (Xbox 360) – Same as above
3. Dishonored (Xbox 360) – This was free on Xbox Live last month. Just downloaded it a few days ago.
4. Alan Wake (PC) – One of the last games I bought in a Steam sale.
5. Half Life 2 (PC) – I’ve played a couple hours, but never beat it.
6. The Walking Dead (PC or Xbox 360) – I have it for both, but ever since season 2 got great reviews, I’ve been wanting to play it.
7. Papers, Please (PC) – I’ve played it a little bit, but would like to go further.
8. The Witcher (PC) – I’ve played a couple minutes, but I would really like to play all the games in the series.
Eight games definitely starting to overwhelm me, so let’s just stop at eight for now. Once I’ve finished a game, I will do a little mini-review of my experience. Hopefully since I’ve played a good amount of these games already, it shouldn’t take me too long.
I assure you I have much, much more on my backlog to play. Does anyone else have this problem?